12 Best Quercetin Zinc Immune Support Supplements 2021
What Is Quercetin?
While the best way to get quercetin is through your diet, it also is available in supplement form, as pills or capsules. Sometimes, quercetin in supplement form is packaged with bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapples, because both have anti-inflammatory properties (Quercetin & Bromelain for inflammation). Most dietary supplements contain a chemical compound, aglycone, which is the free form of quercetin.
When looking for and using quercetin supplements, it’s important to maintain a nutritious, balanced diet with fiber and healthy fats in it, as research shows that accumulation of quercetin in the body is dependent on “factors such as glucose moieties, solubility, human factor, vitamin C status and food matrix.”
Specifically, research also says that quercetin supplementation is best achieved when consumed with a fat-enriched diet.
There are foods high in quercetin that you can add to your diet. Arguably, red onions are some of the most potent sources of quercetin; one study found that absorption of onion-derived quercetin was 52% compared to only 24% in supplement form. In fact, onions can give you three times the amount of quercetin than you’d get from apples. Other food sources that are high in quercetin include:
- Organically grown apples, grapes and tomatoes
- Dark cherries and dark berries like blueberries, blackberries and bilberries (eaten in moderation)
- Cocoa, unsweetened
- Hot green chili peppers
Benefits of QuercetinQuercetin has been linked to the following health benefits:
- Possessing anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties that can help combat certain diseases. One study found that 500 mg of quercetin a day could improve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Helping prevent cancer cell growth from breast, colon, prostate, endometrial and lung.
- Counteracting allergic reactions and helping with immune responses.
- Helping to prevent osteoporosis
- Addressing cognitive decline, including Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Assisting in control of blood pressure. A study in 2002 found that quercetin can have vasodilator effects.
- Potentially helping to lower blood sugar levels. One study found that dosages of 500 mg per day “significantly reduced” fasting glucose levels.
- Vitamin D3: 1000–3000 IU/day. Note RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) is 800–1000 IU/day. The safe upper-dose daily limit is likely < 4000 IU/day. Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with an increased risk of acquiring COVID-19 and from dying from the disease. Vitamin D supplementation may therefore prove to be an effective and cheap intervention to lessen the impact of this disease, particularly in vulnerable populations, i.e. the elderly and obese. (Amazon)
- Vitamin C: 500 - 1,000 mg BID (twice daily)
- Quercetin: 250 mg daily. It is likely that vitamin C and quercetin have synergistic prophylactic benefit. Quercetin should be used with caution in patients with hypothyroidism and TSH levels should be monitored. (Amazon)
- Melatonin: 6 mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness). (Amazon)
- Zinc: 30 - 40 mg/day (elemental zinc). Zinc lozenges are preferred. (Amazon)
- Ivermectin prophylaxis dosage:
- prevention for high-risk individuals: 0.2 mg/kg per dose (take with or after meals) — one dose today, repeat after 48 hours, then one dose weekly.
- Post COVID-19 exposure prevention: 0.2 mg/kg per dose (take with or after meals) — one dose today, repeat after 48 hours.
- Vitamin D3 — 4000 IU/day. (Amazon)
- Vitamin C: 500 - 1,000 mg BID (twice daily) (Amazon)
- Quercetin: 250 mg twice a day. (Amazon)
- Melatonin: 10 mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness). (Amazon)
- Zinc: 100 mg/day. Zinc lozenges are preferred. (Amazon)
- Ivermectin: 0.2–0.4 mg/kg per dose (take with or after meals) — one dose daily, take for 5 days or until recovered. (Find a Doctor). Use upper dose range if: 1) in regions with more aggressive variants; 2) treatment started on or after day 5 of symptoms or in pulmonary phase; or 3) multiple comorbidities/risk factors.
- Fluvoxamine: 50 mg twice daily for 10–14 days. Add to ivermectin if: 1) minimal response after 2 days of ivermectin; 2) in regions with more aggressive variants; 3) treatment started on or after day 5 of symptoms or in pulmonary phase; or 4) numerous co-morbidities/risk factors. Avoid if patient is already on an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor).
- Nasopharyngeal Sanitation: Steamed essential oil inhalation 3 times a day (i.e. vapo-rub) and/or chlorhexidine/benzydamine mouthwash gargles and Betadine nasal spray 2–3 times a day.
- Aspirin: 325 mg/day unless contraindicated.
- Pulse Oximeter: FLCCC also recommend monitoring your oxygen saturation with a pulse oximeter and to go to the hospital if you get below 94%.
- Zinc 50mg 1 time a day for 7 days (PubMed) (Amazon)
- Quercetin 500mg 2 times a day for 7 days (PubMed) (Amazon)
- Vitamin C 1000mg 1 time a day for 7 days (Amazon)
- Vitamin D3 5000 IU 1 time a day for 7 days (Amazon)
What is Zinc?
Zinc is a powerful immune nutrient known for its benefits for providing immune health support and inflammation reduction as well as for improving cold and respiratory symptoms, wound healing, acne reduction, and lowering the risk of age-related diseases. Research on atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus suggests that zinc deficiency may contribute to low-grade systemic inflammation.
Here are the best zinc supplements to help you meet your nutritional
needs. As everyone has their own set of criteria, the best option for
you might be different from another person.
Best Zinc Supplement 2021
Price: From $11.49
Amazon Reviews: 4.7 out of 5. More than 600 customer reviews.
Zinc Dosage : 30mg
Chelated zinc is a type of zinc supplement that uses a chelating
agent to help your body absorb zinc more easily.
there are several chelated zinc supplements on the market, one of
the best options is NOW Foods’ Zinc Glycinate softgels. Each
softgel contains 30 mg of zinc glycinate — a form of zinc that human
and animal studies suggest may be better absorbed than other types
of zinc. (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).
All NOW Foods supplements are certified by
Underwriters Laboratories and follow GMP to ensure the quality and
accuracy of their products. Additionally, these supplements tend to
be more affordable than many other high quality brands.
I take this in combination with Vitamin A to help with cystic
acne, and have noticed a drastic improvement in both my acne
and my overall complexion. I have noticed little to no side
effects since taking Now Foods Zinc Glycerinate 30mg Soft-gels
over a year ago.
2. Pure Micronutrients Pure Zinc Chelate
While there are several chelated zinc supplements on the market, one of the best options is NOW Foods’ Zinc Glycinate softgels. Each softgel contains 30 mg of zinc glycinate — a form of zinc that human and animal studies suggest may be better absorbed than other types of zinc. (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).
All NOW Foods supplements are certified by Underwriters Laboratories and follow GMP to ensure the quality and accuracy of their products. Additionally, these supplements tend to be more affordable than many other high quality brands.
Price: From $20.00
Amazon Reviews: 4.7 out of 5. More than 4,000 customer reviews on
Zinc Dosage : 25mg
FAST RELIEF / PEAK IMMUNE SUPPORT – Our advanced zinc chelate
supplements deliver zinc in the form of Bisglycinate, a clinically
proven highly absorbable form that's faster acting. Pure Zinc further
acts to neutralize free radicals, enhances the body's inflammatory
response, and increases energy levels, the foundations for a strong
healthy immune system.
FEEL ENERGETIC, ENJOY CLEAR SKIN, SUPPORT REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH -
Specifically designed to restore optimal zinc levels critical for
energy production, healthy immune function and growth / repair within
the body. Zinc is an essential mineral for cell function and healthy
tissue development, in particular, DNA synthesis and cell division,
promoting a healthy reproductive system, skin (eg: acne), hair &
eyes and great for avoiding common illness.
GENTLE, NO UPSET STOMACH - Pure Zinc contains a very gentle form of
Zinc that breaks down in the small intestine, greatly reducing the
incidence of digestive discomfort, nausea and/or diarrhoea or
constipation. Perfect for women, men, elderly, women during pregnancy
& teenagers who are prone to stomach irritability following
vitamin supplementation. Pure Zinc is easily digested with or without
NATURAL, PURE & TRUSTED – Pure Zinc is the perfect natural
alternative to pharmaceutical medicines. Contains only pure
ingredients; gmo free, no fillers, preservatives or other non-active
ingredients - so you can reap the benefits, nurture & protect your
body, without any of the Nasties. Kosher & Halal friendly. #1
Pharmaceutical Grade, USA MADE, Third Party Tested with a 100%
Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee.
My nutrition coach insisted I find a zinc supplement to add to my
health regimen. I usually avoid supplements, therefore this is the
only one in my arsenal. I take it every morning and feel confident
in its benefits. I survived the flu season without a single sniffle
or sneeze (hope it's fair to give this product some credit for
that). I have paired this product with a healthier diet throughout
the last few months and have noticed a great improvement in my
energy and well being.
3. Albion Minerals Smarter Vitamins Zinc
Price: From $16.00
Amazon Reviews: 4.6 out of 5. More than 1,500 customer reviews on
Zinc Dosage : 15mg
- 15mg Zinc Glycinate from Albion®
- Boosted with 5 Extra Essential Trace Minerals to Support Metabolism,
DNA and Enhanced Supplement
- 90 Plant-Based Vegan Capsules
- Enhanced Multi-Mineral Zinc Supplement with Selenium, Manganese,
Boron, Chromium, Selenium, Molybdenum For Next Level Trace Mineral
Boost In Health.
- MicroMinerals Supports Cellular Energy Production, Hormones,
Neurotransmitters, Metabolism and DNA.
- 6 Essential Trace Minerals Complex
- 1 Plant Based Capsule Pill Supports you with a Multi Mineral
Supplement In Chelate, Glycine, Bisglycinate + Glycinate Absorable
- No Citrate or Oxide Forms
- Made in the USA without Fillers, Magnesium Stearate, Dioxides,
Silica, Maltodextrin, Carrageenan, Soy, Milk, Egg, Corn, Tree Nuts,
Artificial Colors, or Preservatives.
I'm sleeping better, my joints feel better, I feel better
overall. I don't know if it's random or the supplement but I
don't want to stop using it. Plus my dr said my boron levels
were low so this is a great way to bring them up and that can
help my nails and hair as well.
4. NutriGold Zinc Gold - Best Organic
5. Nature's Bounty Zinc 50mg Caplets
Zinc Dosage : 15mg
If you’re looking for an organic zinc supplement, NutriGold’s
Zinc Gold is one of the best options out there.
Each capsule contains 15 mg of whole-foods-based zinc that’s
derived from an organic sprouted blend, which the supplement claims
may be gentler on your stomach. Additionally, NutritGold’s supplements
are certified organic by SCS Global Services, an official partner of
the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) that sets
sustainability, quality, and organic standards. Each product is also
third-party tested, as well as non-GMO and vegan certified.
should take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your healthcare
Zinc Dosage : 15mg
If you’re looking for an organic zinc supplement, NutriGold’s Zinc Gold is one of the best options out there.
Each capsule contains 15 mg of whole-foods-based zinc that’s derived from an organic sprouted blend, which the supplement claims may be gentler on your stomach. Additionally, NutritGold’s supplements are certified organic by SCS Global Services, an official partner of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) that sets sustainability, quality, and organic standards. Each product is also third-party tested, as well as non-GMO and vegan certified.
Adults should take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Price: From $5.21
One vegetarian-friendly caplet a day contributes to carbohydrate, protein, fat and energy metabolism, and helps promote wellness in key areas of reproductive health for men. Plays a key role in the synthesis of testosterone.
Price: From $19.00
Amazon Reviews: 4.8 out of 5. More than 250 customer reviews on Amazon.com.
Zinc Dosage : 30mg
- Zinc Glycinate Chelate
- 30 mg Supplement (120 Capsules)
- TRAACS Chelated Bisglycinate Zinc, Vitamin B6 & BioPerine
- Zinc Supplements for Immune Support, Acne & Metabolism
OPTIMAL ZINC BIOAVAILABILITY: Chelated Zinc Glycinate by SMNutrition uses the patented TRAACS delivery system to bind this essential mineral to amino acids for thorough absorption. Each serving contains net 30mg of elemental Zinc, with BioPerine and Vitamin B-6 added to make this the most absorbable Zinc available.
IMMUNE SUPPORT: Studies indicate that Zinc is critical for supporting overall immune function.
WIDE-RANGING BENEFITS: Supplementing with a Zinc vitamin may support: skin health, hormone balance, heart health, digestive health, liver health, and much more
7. Sandhus Zinc Quercetin 120 Vegetarian Capsules
- Supports immune system health
- 60 servings per bottle
- Supports cardiovascular health
8. Now Foods Quercetin with Bromelain (Now Quercetin with Bromelain Amazon)
SHOP NOW ON AMAZON
Amazon Reviews: 4.8 out of 5. More than 1,900 customer reviews on Amazon.com.
Quercetin Dosage : 400mg
9. Thorne Research Quercenase
Amazon Reviews: 4.8 out of 5. More than 100 customer reviews on Amazon.com.
Quercetin Dosage : 250mg
BestReviews.com: Pricier than many similar products on the market
10. Amazing Formulas - Quercetin 500 Mg
- Quercetin is a flavonoid (plant pigment) naturally found in fruits and vegetables. It is found in many foods, such as red wine, onions, green tea, apples, berries etc. It known for its Anti-oxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Properties. Amazing Nutrition Quercetin 500 Mg is offered in Veggie Capsule to suit most diet preferences
- Anti-oxidant properties of Qurecetine Supports Healthy Ageing, Cardiovascular Health, and Immune Health. It helps to reduce the damage and irritation caused by free radicals
- Anti-Inflammatory properties of Quercetin helps to lower the release of histamines, a compound that is released by cells in response to allergic and inflammatory reactions. Subsequently helping to lower pains and discomfort related to Inflammation.
- All Amazing Nutrition products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), among the highest standards in the world.
11. Natural Factors Bioactive Quercetin
Dosage of quercetin is somewhat low (as compared to other brands) in each capsule. However, Natural Factors claims the quercetin is more bioavailable, which means your body gets a strong dose regardless. Each capsule contains 167 mg of EMIQ and 50 mg of vitamin C. Natural Factors claims their formula will provide year-round protection while supporting a healthy inflammatory response and maintaining good sinus and upper respiratory function.
12. MoxyVites Quercetin 500mg with Bromelain Supplement
Price : From $25.00
Reviews : 4.9 out of 5 - 89 global ratings on Amazon
Quercetin Dosage : 500mg
- Bioactive Phytosome Complex
- Pure Organic Whole Food Seasonal Support
- Healthy Inflammatory Response
- Plant Based
- Made in USA
- Quercetin, Phytosome, Bromelain
- All Natural, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Non GMO, No Artificial or Synthetic Ingredients
- GMP certified facility, THIRD PARTY TESTED!
- IMPROVED ORAL ABSORPTION BY 20X
> Regular quercetin has poor solubility and low oral absorption. Our technology binds quercetin with a glucose bond & incorporation of phospholipids into standardized extracts improving the absorption and bioavailability by 20X. If you settle for regular quercetin your body may only absorb 20% with minimal to no benefit.
- BIOACTIVE FORM OF QUERCETIN
> Our complex delivery system utilizes phytosome technology in which phytoconstituents react with phospholipids for better and improved bioavailability. Our quercetin is one of the most effective on the market today!
- POWERFUL BENEFITS
> Powerful antioxidant, healthy inflammatory responses, boost the immune system, reduce histamines and skin irritations, supports cardiovascular & cellular health.
This is the best quercetin I found on the market! It was a revelation to me to discover that regular quercetin is difficult for the body to absorb. After doing my research I discovered that quercetin phytosome has much greater absorption and is therefore more effective. I have been taking this for over a month and my allergy symptoms have been reduced tremendously. In addition, this company added specific Whole Foods that contain the highest amount of added quercetin for additional quercetin benefits. Besides allergies I also take this for it’s high anti oxidants and many other health benefits. I love this brand and I will continue to buy their products.
Buy on Amazon